Doxterity Home Page
Doxterity Home Page
Doxterity History
Visit Doxterity
Doxterity Events
Doxterity Businesses
Move to Doxterity
Doxterity Press
Doxterity City Offices

Circa 1850


Mission San Mateo

Founded November 23, 1704 by Fr. Mateo Amidaous Doxterius, and originally named Mission Nuestra Señora del Mar. Partially destroyed in the earthquake of 1861, the mission was rebuilt and redicated in 1965. It is now named for the town founder, who was canonized by Pope Leo XIII, in 1901.

One of the most popular attractions in Doxterity, the mission is open 7 days a week, and features extensive gardens.

For more information please conact resident historian, Sister Katherine Anne, at: (735) 757-4622


Our History | Visit Doxterity | Local Events
Local Businesses | Moving to Doxterity? | Press Center | City Offices

About this Web Site